Sunday 23 September 2012

wisdom-driven passion

I'm suppose to do revision for tomorrow's final test but here I am, updating my blog.

even though I know I shouldn't but I thought this would be worth blogging.

lately I've been doing devotion on Pastor Kevin's devotion material - 365. been reading it for 2 weeks and I must say it is my favourite one so far. I've listen to his teachings and sharing a lot of times and I really love it.

sometimes people says that things are overrated but here I am to say that the 'awesome-ness' of Pastor Kevin is really not overrated. a lot of time I find his teaching is very relevant, very real and it is something that happens in the modern days.

I'm not trying to be bias or discriminate, but at times I find speaker preaching things that are hard for me to relate. yes, things that they share are true and inspiring. but all those happened in the past. well of course it is not wrong to use the past example, but it will be more relevant if they could relate on something that happens today.

and once again, I'm not judging anyone. sometimes when I attend church service, I think the congregation are drawn and drag by the speaker. they give respond to the speaker for the sake of not embarrassing the speaker. the congregation clap hands and laugh at certain jokes just to keep the whole service not dead. of course it is not totally wrong to do so, because by doing so we are partially giving support to the speaker. but let me be clear, my point is: are you doing all these actions because you really agree with it or you just do it because it became a nature, a routine to you?

well, back to Pastor Kevin. today, through his devotion book I've learned to have wisdom-driven passion. we ought to know the reason why we want to do something and find a balance in all that we do. know that:

Passion + Wisdom = A mansion.
Passion - Wisdom = A hut.




yours sincerely, franfranfranny

No comments:

Post a Comment